Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Musicals, Birthdays, Cousins, and Weapons

We have again arrived home from a whirlwind trip to visit the family. We did lots of things while we were there . . . (don't be alarmed I won't go into full detail, but merely an overview).

First, we left Thursday afternoon around 6:30 p.m. so the drive was quite peaceful! JT watched a video followed by sleep, Charlie took a bottle followed by sleep, and I watched "Pride and Prejudice" on the dvd after everyone was asleep. Upon arrival, however, the peaceful state I described earlier was replaced by utter chaos. Everyone woke up during the move from car to house and didn't get back to sleep until around midnight. HOWEVER, we were all up at our regular waking hour of 7:00 a.m. Not a pretty sight!

Friday we went to Jackson to see my nephew Wilson in his school production of "Once upon a Mattress". It was excellent and I must say the my nephew is quite the crooner and actor - I feel certain that some of this talent came from our side of the family. I wish a had a photo to post of it, but my camera was forgotten in the car.

Saturday we had Charlie's first birthday party. I am torn between tears and joy. Mainly because the child is a year old (on the 13th), a HUGE 25 pounder to lug around, and WILL NOT WALK. He's perfectly capable, but will not do it. At any rate, the party was lots of fun, presents were plentiful, and multiple cupcakes were eaten! I managed to make it through the ENTIRE event without saying something completely embarrassing or sticking my foot down my throat - which is a first for me and I know you are all disappointed. So, I'll leave you with some photos and hope that next time I'll have some good conversation to relate.

First, you shove your hand in icing and cry because you don't like it.


Next, your mommy gives you an actual taste of it and you get a little more into it.


Finally, you've managed to devour an entire cake!















Here's the big brother (and cousins) after trying to get a lick of icing.


Oh, and weapons . . . Jon Thomas finally owns a gun! It's taken Daddy three long years to sneak one in, but now we officially have a Buzz Lightyear gun - and boy do we LOVE IT with a passion. Now my mantra has become one of two things - "we don't shoot people with guns" or "we don't shoot our brother." Thanks Daddy!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger mk said…

    Looks like Charlie's party was lots of fun! I'm sure everyone had a good time. I can't believe it's taken Jonathan 3 years to get a gun for JT. Keep the updates coming - hope to see you soon!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    Who the heck is the child with the birthday cake and a wig on? I swear I would not have recognized Charlie if I was sitting right next to him-- when did he get so much hair and its not blonde! I cannot believe that our seconds are one year olds.. Kendall is right around the corner. We've got to come visit or you guys come here.. we miss you!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home