Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Friday, January 27, 2006

News from Newton and a Bit of Whining

Okay, so here we are, home from Newton again. We have managed to avoid a trip to the pediatrician this time, so I'm feeling pretty good about that! My daddy had to have two heart caths and three stints put in place this week because he had some major blockages of his arteries. All the more reason for me to forge ahead with Weight Watchers! Other reasons would include that I saw at least 6 people I went to high school with at the hospital and would like to be a more normal looking person when next I meet them. At any rate, Daddy is doing well, and we are back home only to leave tomorrow for Birmingham. We are spending the night to visit with the Mauldins for the day on Sunday. Whew, what a week. I just hope that Bridget and I get some time away from the kids together - I hear there are some nice outlet malls in B'ham.

I interviewed for two more jobs and I'm beginning to get discouraged. Seriously, DO NOT tell me at the interview that all looks well and you'll give me a ring either way if you ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT! I mean, come on, it's ridiculous. Please explain to me why hiring someone whose overqualified for a position is a bad thing - especially if that person WANTS you to hire them. I mean, I'm starting to take it a bit personally here. I also got a letter from Calhoun Community College saying that I wasn't qualified to teach there because I don't have 18 graduate hours in biology or chemistry. Hello, I have 18 graduate hours in a science type subject - does that count for anything???!!!! Apparently not. So, I've decided to stop my whining, put on a happy face, and take myself down to the hospital for work tonight with a good attitude. Hopefully that attitude will last more than 5 minutes. But I must say, why on earth did I not go to school for some tangible job like NURSING or ACCOUNTING. Something for which there is a specific category in the want ads for?

The kids and the husband are great! The husband says I only have to stick out the awful job until his first raise comes in - in JUNE! That's 5 more months - I just don't think it's gonna happen! Charlie has TWO molars in the back and TWO more that are almost through. I mean, the kid has almost as many teeth as his brother and only weighs about 10 lbs less than him too. What is going on here? Jon Thomas has reverted to crawling and talking like a baby anytime he feels he isn't the complete center of attention - any older, wiser mothers out there with any advice? I mean other than locking him in his room! :)

Even though I'm a sad whining sack of drama this week, we really are doing well and enjoying life in Huntsville more and more.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    Dear Sad Whining Sack of Drama,

    This is your friend, Even Sadder, More Pathetic, Whining & Screaming Sack of Drama. I'm with ya. That's all.

    Love,
    ESMPW&SSoD

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger mk said…

    MotY:
    I'm glad to hear that nothing's really changed with you - except your location. We will certainly be praying for your Dad. As for the whining, well, I'm sure God has something great planned for you; even if it means that you stay home and raise 2 wonderful children. Let us know how we can help. We'd love to see you, when are you coming for a visit?
    MK

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    I sure do miss you- even if you are a sad sack of crap. What? Seriously missing the trips to the playground and old McDonalds. We've got to set up a visit soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home