Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Musings and Molars

Okay, so this job hunting stuff is AWFUL! Really, way down deep (way way down) I want to have a career and do things that are meaningful for humanity and stuff, but right now, I just want to be with my family and take care of them! What's a girl to do? With student loans to pay - I think it's best that she WORK somewhere - forget humanity for the time being - I guess the hospital will have to do.

Anyway, Charlie Spears is now a member of the Spears allergy alliance. He had an ear infection New Year's Day and was given a drug in the penicillan family and VOILA a HUGE rash all over his body! So, no more penicillans for us! After the allergy induction, we changed the antibiotic and took it according to the pediatricians instructions AND he's still pulling on his ear. She assures me that it's fine, but I'm not so sure. SO the other day he's rolling around on the floor, I see something in his mouth - IT'S A MOLAR! He is 10 MONTHS OLD - I don't think there should be a molar ALL THE WAY THROUGH HIS GUMS - AND - I CAN FEEL THE OTHER THREE ALREADY COMING IN! Surely this can't be right - but alas, it is.

All else is well with the world - Buzz Lightyear and Woody are our new best friends! Jon Thomas thinks Buzz says, "To Infinity and Deon" - Deon who? I don't know.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger mk said…

    Deon?! Has he been watching Deon Sanders or listening to Celine Deon? Oh well, keeps life interesting. I know how you feel about the mommy thing - I just want to be with my family too, but bills don't pay themselves. Hopefully I'll be working again soon.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger mk said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    Wow, i think the full time stay-at-home mom thing is way over-rated. My time at work is the only time i feel like a sane person. I hope you can eventually find something that fits you a little better than assisting every snot nosed kid in Huntsville. I cant believe the allergies! Well we can rule out breast milk as saving kids from allergy problems! And whats up with the teeth-- Mason just got his molars in last week (kidding) and Kendall has no signs of any teeth at almost 10 months. Love the updates.. keep em coming!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    I'm with Amber on keeping at least a PT job. I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

    Word of advice about blogger: if you use smaller pictures then they'll appear at teh top of your website instead of after all of your profile information.

    Do you use Flickr? It's a free photo program which will help you shrink/align your photos to use in your blog. They're partnered up with blogger and it works real slick. Let me know if you can't figure it out, but it's just www.flickr.com ... create a free account and whammo.

    Gotta run ... kidlet is up.

    MOLARS???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home