Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

'Lympics


Take a look at the position I will be in all the hours I possibly can during the next two weeks. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS (or 'lympics - as certain 3 year olds call them around here)! Job searching, cooking, laundry are all grinding to a halt around here while I am caught up in the saga of the games. And you know the sadder, more pathetic the story - the more I'm hooked. For example, if there is an Iraqi woman competing - I'm all in tears rooting for her and rejoicing in her last place finish. Or some African ski king whose never really seen snow - ALL ABOUT IT! Did I mention that I love the olympics?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger mk said…

    I love the picture! That's one of my favorite places to be (curled up with one, or both, of the kids). I'm not as crazy about the Olympics as you though. I try to watch every now and then - I'm sure you know who has control of the remote.
    How's Charlie? Have you scheduled his surgery yet? Let us know when you do. Daniel has to have tubes put in again (this will be the third time). I'll schedule his surgery for as soon as possible, but he'll have to get over whatever he's dealing with right now. I'm thinking his bladder infection is rearing its ugly head again.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    The bladder infection stinks! I was so sure that was over. Charlie has had his tube for a week now, but he's still pulling on his ear and crying periodically, so I'll be interested to see what the doc says when we go in for our recheck!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    Me too! Love it. When I was pregnant with Goose and jobless and living in a hotel, that's ALL I did ... of course that was summer Olympics, and there's ALWAYS less drama involved during the summer. In the winter people are too cold to sit outside and watch, so they stay inside and dig up dirt on the athletes. Anyway, that's my explanation for all the ice skating soap operas and whatnot.

    Enjoy the games!

    How's that baby's ear?

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    loving the snowflake pjs baby.. way to stay comfy! I do the same thing, except i like to watch trashy tv shows and catch up on the batchelor paris. MISS YOU!! Going to the kidsignment tomorrow, will not be the same without you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home