Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

SO SO TIRED!

Things have not returned to normal since we returned from MS for my dad's surgeries. Friday, Charlie decided to spew vomit (yes, vomit) all over my lovely minivan and himself. It wasn't pretty. So, I went ahead to work and Jonathan took care of the sad sack of vomit and diarrhea that our baby has become. By Saturday afternoon, he will not let me put him down and when I get around to taking his temp, it's 102.8 under his arm. So, I become concerned. I called the pediatrician who MET US AT HER OFFICE AT 7:30 P.M. ON SATURDAY NIGHT! Needless to say, I love her. She sends us over to the hospital to spend the night for some tests and fluid. At 10:30, we have an IV and settle in for the night. Staying in the hospital with a 10 month old SUCKS (mother, there are no other words to describe it). I have literally never been so tired in all my born days. We get home Sunday at 8:00 p.m. All is well until Monday at 6:00 p.m. when we start vomiting again. Back to the doc today - hopefully no hospitalizations - I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger mk said…

    And I thought I had it bad with Daniel waking up in the middle of the night - for seemingly no reason at all. We will certainly be praying for you. Please let us know if we can do anything.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    bless your heart.. i KNOW the being vomited on was tough for you. I would have come and let him blow it on me if i could have. I got covered with it by Mason last week so I'm right there with you, however i know its way worse for you! So glad Charlie is doing better--- I need some more pictures!! Isnt it terrible how I have 85,000 pictures of Mason from each week of his life and 3 total of Kendall??

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I feel SO sorry for you Carrie. I hope things are back to normal now. I can't deal with vomit either - it's the worst part of being a mother. Or being a human, for that matter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home