Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Sunday, February 05, 2006

CHRONIC OTITIS MEDIA


The official diagnosis for my sweet Charlie boy. A chronic ear infection - which in reality means chronic pulling on the ear and crying at odd times. The infection has been there so long (and survived 5 courses of antibiotics) that it is now in the bones behind his ear. That scares the poop outta me but seems not to be too concerning to the ENT who is putting in our tubes. Hopefully putting in the tubes THIS week - if I can be convincing and cry hard enough for the scheduler to take pity on me.

In other news, still no job. or at least a job I like where people might semi-appreciate what I do.

In some more news, I have a funny tid bit for you - all real and true straight from the life of me . . .

Here's the scene - We've been invited over for dinner with our new friends (both electrical engineers). Well, one's an electrical engineer and one is a mommy (with a 2 1/2 yr old, a 11 month old and pregnant - oh my LORD) who in another life was an engineer too. So, they are building this fabulous house and I'm looking at the plans . . .

Carrie: I love this layout - you are going to have so much room blah blah blah (complementing them on their choice of tile, etc.)

Mommy Engineer: Thanks, we'll be excited to finish the house.

Carrie: What are these flower things drawn all over the plans?

Mommy Engineer: Those are ceiling fans.

Carrie: Oh, yeah, smart.

The end

4 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger mk said…

    That's OK, I probably wouldn't have known they were ceiling fans either. Let us know when Charlie's surgery is scheduled. The first time Daniel had tubes was after he'd had fluid behind his eardrums for more than 3 months. So far, Emma has been able to avoid having them. From the picture it looks like Charlie likes to help with the dishes the same way Daniel & Emma like to help - if they aren't climbing into the dishwasher, they're taking the dishes out (doesn't matter if they're clean or dirty). I know you're thinking "Exactly how often is your dishwasher actually used?" You'd be surprised to know that it runs almost every day. That doesn't mean we eat at home all the time now but it sure is a lot more often than it used to be.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    Lordy girl. I'm so sorry about the chronicness (is that a word) and the tubes and all of that ... but hopefully it will put an end to all of this.

    I love the story. So Typical Carrie. I definitely wouldn't have known they were ceiling fans. I can't even recognize doors and windows.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger jeff said…

    I am glad to see Charlie is doing well, what a great kid. In fact both are quite little gentlemen. Anyway, had a great time with the family and glad we could get the families together finally.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I have to say that I really miss you and your funny stories of your life. Keep posting them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home