Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

PRODUCE!



Here's our first garden product of the season. I must say, I'm very proud of our little garden this year. We have blooms on all our vegetables (and some tomatoes that get checked for a color change EVERY DAY) EXCEPT the okra. The okra plants are covered in ants! What is the deal with us and ants!

Can you see the thrill oozing out of Jon Thomas? I guess he really was excited because before I could chop the pepper and add it to my stir fry dinner, he ate it - stem, seeds and all!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger mk said…

    I see the excitement just spilling out all over him...congrats! I don't have the patience to even plant a garden; besides I have a black thumb when it comes to growing anything.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    Man, JT is thrilled over the pepper. I am dying over him eating it-- i would have to drug Mason to get him to eat that. Kendall however would eat dog poop if it was on her plate. (which isnt too far off considering my cooking ability)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Me too Mary Kay. Someone brought me a plant and told me that "you can't kill it" because it is so hardy. Well, I killed it. I don't even try vegetables. It's too easy to buy them at Publix.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home