Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Monday, May 08, 2006

I GOT A NEW JOB - A REAL ONE!

After 11 long months of living in Huntsville, I have finally found a part-time job that has qualifications other than typing 35 words per minute at 90% accuracy! I'm so thrilled! I met with the owner of two Mathnasium (just don't comment on the name okay) franchise stores and I'm the new director of the Madison location. So the place is a math learning center that assesses kids and helps them in areas of math where they have gaps. It's a very neat program and I'm very exciting for a number of reasons which I'll outline for you now . . . (1) The center is (according to mapquest) 3.8 miles from my house (2) I will work 4 afternoons a week from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. (3) My children will stay at a woman's house 3 hours a day and her house is (not according to mapquest, according to me so give or take a mile) 2.5 miles from my house (4) they are paying me a lot more than my crappy hospital job. YIPPEE!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Congrats Carrie!!!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger mk said…

    YAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you...sounds like you'll meet lots of interesting people!

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    That sounds awesome you big math geek. Seriousy though, im so glad you found something outside of the ER!!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    Yay for you. So can you get off and go to Newton with me still?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home