Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Everyone should travel to Mississippi . . .

Seriously, we have the craziest trips and I have some of the best stories when I travel to Mississippi. I haven't quite figured out if it's because we are going to the state of Mississippi, or if it's just the story of my life . . . .

Saturday morning, while enjoying a relaxing morning and watching one of my favorite movies, "While You Were Sleeping", we received the dreaded phone call. Jonathan's Uncle passed away and thus our whirlwind weekend had begun. Here's a quick overview of the best parts of the weekend . . .

Jon Thomas caught his first fish and screamed like a girl when he touched it and it was slimy.

Jon Thomas AND Charlie broke out in hives while fishing due to an apparent undiagnosed allergy to the grass growing around the pond. Side note - apparently the combination of Jonathan's genes and my genes are about a couple of ticks short of producing the boy in the plastic bubble. Our kids are allergic to everything!

Jon Thomas fed a baby calf out of a bottle and rode on a tractor!

I had to have a serious discussion with JT explaining why it was inappropriate to tee tee by the tree in the cemetary during the graveside service.

While playing at Mamaw Spears house (she passed away when JT was 3 months old), Jon T was corrected for playing with Mamaw Spears' cuckoo clock and he said, "Mamaw Spears is in heaven with God and she really doesn't need it anymore!" (do you think I could stick another Mamaw Spears in that sentence?)

Charlie has added many words to his growing vocabulary - Thank you and Danggit are the highlights!

We are home recuperating now and listening to Jonathan throw up in the bathroom after eating some "not so good" funeral food. His illness gives me enough fodder for an entirely new blog about how men are the biggest babies on the planet and it sucks to take care of them when they are sick.

Have a great week everyone!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger mk said…

    i'd love to experience MS first hand with you just once. i hope you got pictures of the fishing and calf feeding adventures. jt's right about Mamaw Spears not really needing the cuckoo clock anymore. i'm so sorry you're having to deal with a sick husband (i know how much you love it). i hope jonathan's feeling better soon.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Carrie - you always have the best stories....it doesn't matter if you are traveling or not! I hope Jonathan is feeling better. Yuck. I would have moved out. I'm not sympathetic at all.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    my favorite line of the movie is when Joe Jr says "i love black underwares."

    Sorry you are dealing with the puke. i know you hate it.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    my favorite line of the movie is when Joe Jr says "i love black underwares."

    Sorry you are dealing with the puke. i know you hate it.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    sometimes i hit enter 8 times b.c im not very patient and you get to read my message twice. sorry.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Kimpossible said…

    I love it all. So, does this trip endanger my chances of catching a ride later this month?

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    Amber, my favorite line is when Joe Jr says, "I know karaaaate"

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    Again, Amber - you would be so proud of me - I EVEN sponged Jonathan's face off after he puked, and I didn't spray him or the room with lysol once (until he went to work!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home