Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Friday, July 18, 2008

Homelessness and stuff

We are homeless! We had a moving sale Friday and Saturday, moved on Sunday and closed on Monday. Whew! My entire life now resides in a 10 x 20 foot storage building. In some ways, I think that is good. Sometimes it makes me sad. Even sadder is that New Orleans Theological Seminary does not currently have an apartment for us! I have added on to my mantra. Now I constantly say, "God's plan is better then my plan" before I start rocking back and forth repeating, "I am okay, I AM okay, I am OKAY". I'll write more later when I stop rocking back and forth.

By the way, we are staying with friends here in Huntsville for three weeks until we move to NO.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Man, that all happened really fast it seems. I look forward to your blogs from New Orleans.

    It seems like it was just yesterday that you were here. But, I guess it's been like 3 years?!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Wow....that is hard I am sure to have "no home" for a bit. Jim's new company has stores in NO....which is exciting!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger mk said…

    Please make sure we get your new address whenever you have it. We're still praying that all will go smooth with the move.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home