Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Patience is my least favorite lesson. . .

Long, long ago in a land where the Spears once lived called Atlanta, a lady told me that I should NEVER, NEVER pray for patience. What a smart lady she was. Too bad I had already prayed for it EVERY DAY since Jon Thomas was 18 months old! Well since that glorious day when I prayed that little prayer, the Lord has been faithful to answer it - which means that He has been faithful to put me into situations where I am required to learn PATIENCE.

Lately, my patience training has really moved into the endurance phase with this whole mission board application. It's a huge rush to fill out forms and forms and forms that describe (in a little too much detail) your entire life and that of your children AND then WAIT six to eight weeks for an answer! Wow! Really working on the ol' patience there, huh! AND take note here that their answer might be MORE WAITING!

All our plans are currently on hold as we WAIT on our preliminary medical clearance to come through. I am continuing to try and lose weight as that is probably going to be our biggest obstacle in getting aforementioned medical clearance. As you read this, remember me - from the good 'ol days when we used to go to the park and Chic Fil A. Try not to get to know the 'now me' who is chronically calorie deprived, trying to answer 1200 questions (literally) about the health history of myself and the dudes while doing it all with PATIENCE.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    That stinks there is so much on hold for you guys...I know you will be glad to know what your future holds! Sorry about the calorie deprivation....that is NO FUN!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger mk said…

    Girl, you have my prayers for sure. How does all this "on hold" stuff effect the possibility of moving to New Orleans later this year? I'm right there with you on the calorie deprivation. I looked at my driver's license the other day and decided I have 2 years to make BIG changes before I have to renew that thing. Keep us posted on the hurry up and wait stuff. We really miss you guys!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home