Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Friday, July 04, 2008

And a wave of patriotism swept over me.

Today, while I was packing and my house looked like this,

I had a moment of sadness thinking that my kids probably didn't even realize it was Independence Day at all. I mean, I didn't even monogram them a flag shirt or anything! AND on top of that, this may be one of the last Independence Days we experience here in the ol' USA. So, my motherly instincts kicked in and we created this

Yes, it IS an American Flag pizza with a homemade crust. Don't try to tell me I am not a patriot! ON TOP OF ALL THIS, I made this lovely creation without a rolling pin or any kitchen utensils really. (By the way, the blue part is not really old cheese but instead nice, fresh cheese dyed with food coloring to look like penicillin!)

Yes, I am going to write a book one day.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    God Bless America!!!!! I love the pizza. Stay strong girl- you are doing great!!!!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Very cute, I could have never pulled that off. I am impressed as usual with your creativity!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home