Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Warning . . . Rambling Ahead

Jonathan and I just returned from the great city of New Orleans where, God willing, we will call home within the next eight weeks! We are calling the real estate agent tomorrow, and if our house sells in time, we are moving! However, it may be a drawback that we just had an infestation of termites and a leaky roof! We'll see.

I'm thinking that going to seminary in New Orleans is the perfect way to cut our teeth for international missions because the city is like a whole 'nother country! WOW! I spent the night across the street from a billboard that showed photos of four men and asked the public to help in apprehending them as they are wanted for murder. Comforting to say the least!



Please remember us! So much is happening and some of it is not all that exciting to me. It seems as though I am going to going to work full time in New Orleans to bring home the bacon while Jonathan is gettin' ejecatd. I was really getting into this whole 'about to start homeschooling' thing, so I am sad to give that up (although I am still holding out hope that we will find a way-scholarship anyone?)!



I can't even describe to you all that has to happen before we can move because I then would be in tears and overwhelmed by it all, so I will contentedly blog about it all the while repeating to myself that I am okay. (I am OKAY, I am okay, I AM okay). Okay.



What a fun time we had down in the Big Easy! I really am excited about living on the campus. I think it is going to be a wonderful time for our family-especially the kids. It really seemed like a GREAT place to be.



We also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary while we were there. The kids stayed with my mom for an entire week, so I had some down time and relaxed a good bit. I did all sorts of fun relaxing things - shopped at garage sales, thrift shops, went to the library, etc. I even got to go to Sonic alone and get a huge (albeit diet) Coke. Are you all aware that Sonic has the BEST ice on EARTH? I am sure I will miss Sonic ice when we leave for the wilds of ___________ (just fill in the blank with the funniest place you can imagine me living-that's what we do)!





Preschool graduation was fun (although unnecessary-how many times can one graduate really?) It was sweet and there was a slide show from when the kids were tiny until now (sniff, sniff). Growing up - WOW!

What can I say about this kid? He is so cute and sweet. I like him a lot!

I need to end by saying that some of my friends (who shall remain nameless) don't ever update their blogs and it saddens and annoys me. I mean, what else do you have to do? I know after I left your vicinity you don't have a life or anything. Come on people. Throw a dog a bone! I mean it's JUNE (almost) the SANTA pictures are getting old! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    ok...ok...I am working on it :)

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger mk said…

    OK, I guess I should've checked out blog world before I sent you an email (although, feel free to return my email whenever you get a chance). I'm glad you enjoyed New Orleans. D hated it when we went MANY years ago; although I loved having alone time during the day to do things he had no interest in whatsoever (like spending a day at the zoo believe it or not). Anyway, keep us updated on the moving plans. We finally put our house on the market about a week ago. We're praying it will sell quickly. We told our SS class that we're about to see how God works, we're praying He shows Himself BIG.

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Wow...I'm kind of jealous of your exciting life! I hope all goes well with selling your house and moving. We will definitely pray for you guys.

    Your boys are adorable, as always!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    maybe you could try stripping on bourbon street to make a little extra dough. i hear the money's great. seriously though.. im proud of you guys and will be praying for you during this major change. i sure would like to meet you for happy hour at sonic... you know i love their ice.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't know if I'm one of the friends you were discussing, but I was shamed to look at my blog earlier tonight and realize that the last time I blogged was April 1st!!! If you can keep up with blogging and running your crazy life, surely I can also. You are inspiration to us all not to take life too seriously and to blog often. Remember that our God is big- even in New Orleans. Will keep you in our prayers. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home