Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas is in 6 days!

Okay, this is going to be the fastest summary of a month you have ever seen! I cannot believe that Christmas is in only six days. I still have at least 5 gifts to monogram. Oh my Lordy!

So, here it is the month in review. . .

  • Thanksgiving was awesome with the exception of not being able to get a really cute Christmas picture of my kids on the train caboose that you can't really even tell is a caboose in the picture.
  • Keeping the secret and surprising Jonathan with an early Santa present (Ford Explorer Sport Trac) for Christmas. People, you know the mouth I have on me. I was so nervous and scared he was going to yell at me about. You have never seen someone's IBS act up so much! Needless to say, he was VERY surprised and excited about his truck.
  • Computer death. My computer died. Yes, the computer that I have to use for work EVERY day died. So, new computer purchase. Do you know how great the prices are on computers right now. Do you also know how difficult it is to actually find a store with the one you want in stock?
  • Christmas party. I had a fancy dinner party at my house so that I could use my beautiful Christmas china (that I've been collecting since I was 12 years old) and it was lots of fun!
  • ER visit - Jonathan visits the ER because he is sick as a dog and has Campylobacter which he picked up while eating out on a business trip. YUCK!
  • Everyone else has had the stomach bug - not a bad one - no vomiting, so I won't whine too much about that!
  • I am busily getting ready to go on our Christmas trip to MS and trying to clean my house laughing out loud while cleaning out my fridge thinking about the time that Amber Wiley asked me if people really wipe out their refrigerators when we saw that on a list of household chores one time.
  • I am, however, ahead of the game this year as I plan not to be wrapping Christmas presents five minutes prior to gift opening, even better is the fact that I will also not be upstairs trying to finish making gifts on Christmas Eve.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    theres only one appropriate time to wipe out your fridge and its when you are moving and the fridge stays.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree that fridge cleaning is NOT for Christmas time. It is for when you spill chocolate syrup down the back- and only after you have allowed it to crystalize after 2 months! Who ever heard of cleaning a fridge in Dec?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home