Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Saturday, July 08, 2006

FULL TIME WORKING MOTHER HERE!

Charlie and I at the Huntsville Stars game!
Do you remember that slip and slides hurt? Jonathan and I tried it and it was not a good idea - we both had scratches all over our stomachs!
Fourth of July

Yes, you read that correctly! Here I sit - a Mommy venturing out into the world of work! What a change! I stand back in awe of all of you mothers who work 5 days a week AND take care of a family!

I got a new job (yes, I know the third in as many months) as a medical transcriptionist. Not the most high status job I could wish for, but a job nonetheless. GUESS WHAT - I get to train in the office for three short months and then SET UP AN OFFICE AND WORK AT HOME! This has been my dream since Jon Thomas was a wee little lad. Well really my dream was that we'd win the lottery or Jonathan would get a super high paying job so that I wouldn't have to work at all, but this will suffice! I am excited and happy but definitely ready for this three month gig to be over!

Nothing really to report on the home front. For the past week, everyone has been sick at varying times with some sort of stomach bug. Let me just say that NO ONE will EVER make fun of my vomit phobia again due to the fact that I picked partially digested hot dot out of my carpet for a couple of hours after we got home from the above mentioned Huntsville Starts game.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    congrats on the new job and for really embraceing the vomit. nothing better than yacked up hot dog. ps.. whats the eta on the dress?

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger mk said…

    We've talked about going to a Huntsville or Chattanooga game and seeing if y'all like to join us. Let us know the next time you're available. Also, let me know how the transcription work goes with two little ones at home. I'm thinking about trying to get some transcription work to do myself (so my education isn't wasted).

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Oh my gosh I miss you guys! The 4th of July pics are too cute! You look so happy at the game...not knowing that vomit loomed in the future. :)

    Congrats on the job....let me know when the training ends...Sam and I are in need of a road trip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home