Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Outraged and Dumbfounded!

You will NOT believe what happened to me today at TARGET! My friend Kathleen and I were shopping at Target around lunchtime, the kids were hungry, so we decided to feed them at the Target snack bar. (It IS very nutritious, okay) As we are eating, feeding the kids, and trying to decide what to get our husbands for Father's Day, this young guy walks over and says, "I'm going to say this because management isn't allowed to, but you need to find a way to keep your kids quiet." I WAS SO SHOCKED THAT I COULDN'T SAY A WORD!!!! Now, those of you who know me know that this rarely happens. And even as I sit here and type this the embarrassment is creeping up on me AND I still can't think of what I could've said that would've gotten my point across and been something Jesus would approve of! It's not as though we were at a 5 star resort or something - it was TARGET for goodness sakes. This sweet older lady looked at me and said, "honey, he's going to have kids one day too". That made it a little better.

Once again I ask you, "Why me?" And once again the answer is clear - it is the story of my life.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    you should have just sent jon thomas home with him. when i think "quiet relaxing lunch" i dont think Target deli.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger mk said…

    just eating lunch at target can be an adventure, huh? i think the lady was right. who knows, maybe you'll see him eating lunch at target one day with a noisy kid and you can offer some more encouraging words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home