Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Sunday, July 15, 2007

'Member that?

Hello all! Do you remember that last post pretty much about how fantastic I am and what all I've accomplished? Yeah, I thought you did.

Just to update you guys. My car loan company called me today saying my payment was really late (by the way, they were really mean about it too) which puzzled me greatly because being so on top of things, I mailed all the first of the month July bills back before it was even July yet. So, I am telling this woman that my payment must be lost in the mail and that I am NOT sending two payments in one month AND paying a stop payment fee on the check I ALREADY sent. As I am on the phone with the nasty bill collector, I thumb through my financial records make sure I am correct and find my car payment sitting in my finance notebook, in a lovely envelope neatly stamped and ready to go in the mail.

Can you beat that???

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger mk said…

    Here's one for ya . . . we sent our mortgage payment (3 months in a row mind you) to the credit card company instead of the mortgage company. We never realized it until the mortgage company called trying to find out what was going on. Here's the real kicker - both payments actually go to the same bank, just different depts.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    You guys really need to do online bill pay....though I have to say a few times I have set up my payments and forgotten to hit "PAY"....oops!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home