Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blunders of a 30-year-old!

In my long seven months of being a thirty-something, I have noticed some changes, and most of them are showing me how OLD 30 can really be. . .


Mary Kay (sweet gal that she is) sent me an E-card one day wishing me a great day - obviously for some sort of birthday or something. I sat and thought for fully five minutes thinking she had obviously sent this mistakenly before I realized that it was my 9th wedding anniversary! Thank goodness Jonathan forgot too (he's thirty-something also)! Clearly my brain cells are not functioning at to 20-something capcity any longer.


I was physically exhausted by WEDNESDAY of Bible School week. Previous to this, I could totally keep going until Friday at least! At the Wednesday night family service, I was hanging out with the other exhausted blue-haired ladies. Heck, I even got an invite to bingo. Apparently, bingo is not an overly tiring activity.

Here is where I suppose I should write something about my bodily functions. In reality, I have had 80-year-old woman bodily functions for my entire life, and it may be a little more than you care to hear about. Use your imagination.

After thinking about all these things, I had an epiphany. My kids are old enough that it is time for me to go out and have an outside activity! Something fun and just for me. So, I signed up for a cake decorating class at Michael's. Only then did I realize that THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS! A cake decorating class. Okay, cancel that. I think maybe a pottery class. No, that's no good either. I think I'll just go to bingo!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger mk said…

    Hey girl! I'm glad I was able to help. Let me know how the bingo thing goes - maybe you'll run into Darrell's grandmother.
    Seriously, let's try to meet up one weekend for some family fun (maybe in Chattanooga).

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Bridget said…

    BINGO....cake decorating...I am getting worried! :)

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    someone get carrie a margarita and a karaoke machine...we gotta young you back down. time for a visit to the atl.. you clearly need a girls night out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home