Who needs an epidemiologist?

Here's the story of me - a well-educated (but broke) woman trying to raise two wee boys, a husband, be Martha Stewart, Ty Pennington, and Rachel Ray all rolled into one, while desparately seeking a career in epidemiology (which is NOT the study of the skin).

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bragging on myself . . . a little.

Since my fantastic, no kids adventure in Washington D.C., I have really stepped it up a notch in many parts of my life. I mean enough to even put it down in writing. Now granted, as soon as I click the 'Publish Post' button, I am positively certain that some irreversible crisis will occur that throws all of this off kilter, but I feel that I should enjoy this place while it lasts.

I am at that place where I feel really good about things. I am not "I am Woman, Hear me Roar" kind of on top of things, but I am getting pretty close. I hope that everyone has this kind of place. The place where you are ahead and feeling really relaxed/excited, beause if you don't then that means that I suffer from some sort of mental disorder. I would be sad about that, especially since I've been feeling so great lately. If I find out that you don't have "this place" and that I have a mental disorder, then where will I be???? Anyway, since I got home from my trip, my mothering skills are back to their pre-trip-ness. I am more relaxed and handling the bumps in the road much better. I don't even think that I have talked to the boys in that scary, clenching your teeth together voice once! Score one for me.

My home has been the picture of calm serenity (okay, okay only 85% serenity). At any given moment, I am literally fifteen minutes of putting away toys from being perfectly CLEAN. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, they say. Even though I am at that wonderfully, clean place, I would like to know exactly who said that to begin with and force them into a puddle of mud while talking in that scary, clenched teeth kind of way.

My checkbook is perfectly balanced. My meals are perfectly balanced. My children are still a little unbalanced, but they are mine so I don't expect more than that ever. I have finished several of the half begun projects that are in my life. If I could force myself to sit at the sewing machine for a couple of hours, that would be even better!

Ahhhh, it is so nice to enjoy this moment with you. Because this moment doesn't come around very often, but when it does it is sooo swwweeettt! Enjoy!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I get to that "place" at times as well. We recently installed a ceiling fan on our back porch and I can sit out there and watch Jonathan play in our little pool(or: get in and out of the pool, throw things into the pool, and inform me that he just pooped in the pool). It has been a wonderful summer b/c of that wonderful porch! Good job on finding your happy place.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Wow...I am jealous. Good for you!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Yeah...I'm jealous too.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger mk said…

    I'm glad for you, I hope it lasts a LONG time. I'm jealous too - pray for me.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    go on wit cho bad self carrie! so glad to hear your happy-- nothing beats feeling satisfied with life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home